Powered By Blogger

Friday, November 12, 2010

RAVE TO SAVE

Invisible Children came to visit our school last week, and if you're not familiar with their organization, you can visit their website for more information. The purpose of their visit was to help raise money for their Schools for Schools program that aids children soldiers who have escaped from the bush army in northern Africa, and educates and rehabilitates them. My heart genuinely goes out to them, and has in the past from their earlier visits. This is why my friends and I have tried to come up with ideas to help raise money for our school's contributions. Rave to Save. It's as simple as it sounds. We'd charge $7 admission fee, while selling glow sticks for $1 each (while buying in bulk of 500 for about $50) and selling bottles of water for $1. (Thank goodness for Costco!) We're still in discussion stages, but I think it could help raise a lot of money. Any thoughts? As a bonus, our high school raised over $1000 last Friday from our tailgate and generous donors. We have big plans for this organization, and hopefully we'll be able to take it a long way.

(The mustache picture above is the 'Invisible Children, Uganda Africa' shirt)

1 comment:

  1. I love it. What a great idea for an amazing organization. I support you guys - let me know how I can promote the event when it starts to get off of the ground. I'll pitch in however I can....as long as it doesn't involve dancing.

    Actually, I'll bet that a lot of people would pay money for me to stop once I started....

    ReplyDelete