Powered By Blogger

Friday, December 3, 2010

da Vinci's Greatest Work?


They call it da Vinci Surgery. Robotic surgery at its height. A doctor controlling the arms of a robot performing surgery, with accurate precision and minimal evasiveness. The medical field accredits it with more reliance than traditional surgery with quicker recovery time. Impressive? Very. They've even successfully performed open heart surgery with it, and are on the brink of "tele-surgery". The idea is a surgeon could perform surgery via robotics in a completely different state! I'm not sure how reliable this is yet, but I know I haven't completely given myself over technology yet to have that done. I do believe, though, that I could trust robotic surgery for some minimal procedure. My only concern with this, aside from technical difficulties that could occur, would be the doctors. Would they have to school for longer or less? Would this put more people in the medical field out of work because a less number of surgeons are required in the operating room?  What are your thoughts or concerns?

(P.s. The robot has a mustache!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment